|2021-08-31||Newsletter||Volunteers Needed for Run Turkey Run|
Help make Run Turkey Run a success! We need volunteers for the following jobs. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Announcer: Announcing the races (or to secure a commitment from someone who would make a good race announcer)
2. Manage Race Signs: Pick up 14 Runner on Road signs from DOT. At 7:30 am race day, place the signs along the course (about an hour). Then pick them up after the race at approximately 10 am. Return signs to DOT the following Monday or Tuesday.
3. Beer Keg Transporter: Someone with a pick-up that can help Vince pick up 7 to 10 kegs the day before the race from 4 to 6 pm, keep the kegs overnight and then deliver them to the race Thursday morning. (Return of empty kegs already handled)
4. Packet Pickup: 6 to 12 volunteers for packet pickup. Three hour long shifts available the Saturday and Sunday from 10 am - 4 pm the weekend before the race. Location: Board of Realtors community room (old Jade Palace)
5. Road Guards: 30 volunteers for road guards on race day. From about 8 am to 10 am.
6. Road Barrier Volunteers: 1 to 2 volunteers to assist Christina to set up road barriers on the morning of the race and remove afterward. Load and unload traffic candles from trailer.
7. Race Day Set-Up: 1 to 2 volunteers to help Brad and Vince set up with miscellaneous tasks like making finish chute, unload kegs, etc.
8. Race Day Food Monitors: 2 volunteers to set out the rolls at 9 am, keep the area clean, direct runners to water and coffee, etc. Approximately 9 to 10:30 am.